Morg: Rimeblessed Vampire
Dungeon Master's Guild
Behold, a new tale of icebound terror approaches!
The Frostmaiden lays defeated, but Icewind Dale has no lack of threats. From duergar to drow, the people of the Ten-Towns must stay vigilant against looming horrors. Presented here is a new foe of mythic proportions: Morg. From his stronghold, Morg uses his dark blessing to stalk the icy tundra. The vampire was pleased, until some wayward heroes stopped the everlasting night that covered the Dale.
What happens when your character unknowingly angers a vampiric hill giant? There’s only one way to find out!
- A new boss creature that can be dropped into any campaign (although he is particularly well suited for Rime of the Frostmaiden). This boss uses the mythic mechanic found in Theros, Mythic Encounters, and Mythic Eberron.
- Two mythic magic items for (surviving) players to acquire… if they can defeat Morg!
- Morg’s vampire-spawn hobgoblins, with their wicked spiked chains, will threaten players long before they reach the giant.
- Advice on how to add Morg to your Rime game, with details on how to foreshadow his presence before the end of the adventure, and how to continue your game after!
- Suggestions on how to drop Morg into nearly any of the official hardcover adventures.
Date Published: October 06, 2020
Last Modified: October 06, 2020
Authors: Bryan Holmes
Artists: Eduardo Comettant, Christian Zeuch, Nathanaël Roux, Rick Hershey, Jack Holliday, Bruno Balixa, Bob Greyvenstein, and Wizards of the Coast
Editors: Cassandra MacDonald
Graphic Design: Steve Fidler