Vorpal Dice Press
First introduced in Mythic Odyssey’s of Theros, a Mythic Encounter is an optional rule you can apply to a creature which increases the difficulty. This takes the form of a Mythic Trait, which triggers most often on reducing the creature to 0 hit points. After which, it transforms, musters its strength, or exposes a new objective—extending the fight and unlocking new powers and abilities for the creature.
When Mythic Odyssey’s of Theros launched, we released Mythic Encounters - a collection of 36 CR 21+ monsters from the official D&D books updated with as a Mythic Encounter, complete with lore, art, and rewards.
In Mythic Eberron, we bring that mechanic to all your favorite EBERRON creatures!
- 10 monsters of CR 21+, updated to Mythic Proportions. Covering all high CR creatures from the official hardcover (plus more): Eberron: Rising from the Last War, Exploring Eberron
- 8 brand new mythic spells & 23 mythic items, rewards for defeating the mythic creatures!
- An epic Boon: Boon of the Mythic Hero, learn your foes tactics and embody their fighting spirit! Gain new ways of interacting with Mythic Spells and Items, too!
- What is a Mythic Encounter? Don’t worry! We include a short guide on how to create your own!
- Great Eberron lore, curated by Laura Hirsbrunner of Exploring Eberron, Archetypes of Eberron, Across Eberron, and Eberronicon fame!
- Gorgeous art pieces, custom and licensed, by talented artists like Marcel Budde, Lluis Abadias, Luca Bancone, Dmitry Dalnev, and more!
Date Published: September 22, 2020
Last Modified: September 22, 2020
Authors: Steve Fidler, Bryan Holmes, Anne Gregersen, and Anthony Turco
Artists: Marcel Budde, Lluis Abadias, Steve Fidler, Luca Bancone, Dmitry Dalnev, Dante Ezio Cifaldi, Rick Hershey, and Bob Greyvenstein
Editor: E. R. F. Jordan
Graphic Design: Steve Fidler