Vorpal Dice Press
First introduced in Mythic Odyssey’s of Theros, a Mythic Encounter is an optional rule you can apply to a creature which increases the difficulty. This takes the form of a Mythic Trait, which triggers most often on reducing the creature to 0 hit points. After which, it transforms, musters its strength, or exposes a new objective—extending the fight and unlocking new powers and abilities for the creature.
In Mythic Encounters, we bring that mechanic to all your old favorite creatures!
- 36 monsters of CR 21+, updated to Mythic Proportions. Covering all CR 21+ creatures from the following official hardcovers (plus more): Monster Manual, Volo’s Guide to Monsters, Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes, Mordenkainen’s Fiend Folio Volume 1: Monsters Malevolent and Benign.
- 16 brand new mythic spells & 67 mythic items, rewards for slaying the mythic beasts!
- A brand-new Background: Mythic Ascendant, not all heroes are forged, some are born— foretold to accomplish great deeds!
- An epic Boon: Boon of the Mythic Hero, learn your foes tactics and embody their fighting spirit! Gain new ways of interacting with Mythic Spells and Items, too!
- What is a Mythic Encounter? Don’t worry! We include a short guide on how to create your own!
- Fantastic Forgotten Realms lore! Not playing Forgotten Realms? Not an issue! Throw the lore out, we don’t mind!
- Gorgeous art pieces, custom and licensed, by talented artists like Dante Ezio Cifaldi, Marcel Budde, Lluis Abadias, Leonardo Lambrecht, Nikki Dawes, and GeunBrush.
Date Published: June 02, 2020
Last Modified: June 02, 2020
Authors: Steve Fidler and Bryan Holmes
Artists: Dante Ezio Cifaldi, Lluis Abadias, Marcel Budde, GeunBrush, Nikki Dawes, Steve Fidler, Felipe Gaona, Bryan Holmes, Leonardo Lambrecht, Aleksandra Włodarczyk, Jacob Blackmon, Daniel Comerci, Bob Greyvenstein, Rick Hershey, Jack Holliday, and Eric Lofgren
Editor: E. R. F. Jordan
Graphic Design: Steve Fidler