Dungeon Master's Guild
A sourcebook to the Plane of Dreams
We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.
-William Shakespeare, The Tempest (c. 1610-1612), Act IV, scene 1, line 156.
The Plane of Dreams, a demi-plane that rests between the material plane and the Far Realms, is the shared mindscape where dreamers go when they sleep. A place of symbolism and hidden information, this magical place where the mind has ultimate power.
Inside this 100-page tome you’ll find advice for DMs on how to run a dream-centric game, options for players to customize their characters to be ready for adventuring within dreams, and terrifying monsters to threaten characters inside and outside of dreams.
- An in-depth academic view of the symbolism and functions of dreams, aiding DMs who are running adventures in the Plane of Dreams (or just want to know how to better deal with the dream spell).
- Use your willpower to shape the Dreamlands (and if you’re brave enough, the realm of nightmares as well!)
- A revived race from the past: the Diaboli! Satyr-like beings who are native to a timeless plane, forever protecting dreamers from falling into nightmare.
- From an artificer who can craft light into whatever their imagination can create to the warlocks who pledge themselves to the Nightmare Court, inside are 13 new dream related subclasses.
- 17 new monsters (33 new stat blocks and one template) all of whom can be found in the Plane of Dreams (and most of them outside of it as well!). Fan favorites like the Feyr and deep cuts like the Night Parade!
- 3 outlines for dream focused campaigns set in the Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, or any homebrew world! Also includes tips for incorporating dreams into storylines for the guilds of Ravnica.
Date Published: February 22, 2021
Last Modified: February 23, 2021
Authors: Bryan Holmes, Ashley May, Isaac May, Ryan Langr, and Rachel Savicki
Artists: Bryan Holmes, Kiikiibee, Vagelio Kaliva, WF Sandercombe, Tithi Luadthong, Dean Spencer, Ruben Lopez (Fluffoide), Eduard Majsch, David Revoy, Daniel Comerci, Sergey Pekar, SugaBom86, Abdulmomindb, Dimart Graphics, warmtail, Liuzishan, and Bob Greyvenstein
Editor: Ryan Langr
Graphic Design: Steve Fidler