Vorpal Dice Press
Playing Dead is a complete ruleset for starting (or continuing) your journey as an undead, including new thematic options for class features, subclasses, spells, magic items, and transcending the limits of undeath itself.
A 100-page player’s companion for keeping that favorite character of yours going, even after that unfortunate moment when you forgot to check for traps.
In this supplement, you’ll find everything you need to become an undead character, including:
- A new Reanimated Undead trait for your undead player characters.
- Detailed guidance on becoming undead and reflavoring your spells and abilities to match.
- Variant Class Features for all 13 official classes, purpose-built for your undead character.
- 20 brand new subclasses, spread over all 13 classes, such as the druid Circle of the Host and the paladin Oath of the Damned.
- Prestige Classes Greater Undeath! Everything you need to play as a fearsome undead creature, including the lich, the revenant, and the vampire!
- Dozens of new feats, spells, and magic items too!
Date Published: May 16, 2021
Last Modified: May 17, 2021
Authors: Steve Fidler, Alex Tanner, Andrew T. Ha (LeukuDnD), BornToDoStuff, Caitlin Bradbury (NotTheSmoooze), Elias Garoufalias (Aevilok), heavyarms, Israel Moreira, Proph, Rain-Junkie, Ryan Miller, Ryan Rose (flashpointbrews), and Yorviing
Artists: artofblake, b-design, Daniele Ariuolo, David Lewis Johnson, Dean Spencer, freshidea, J. Laporterie, Jeremy Mohler, Jeshields, Konstantin Gerasimov, korkin, kuco, likozor, Luigi Castellani, Maciej Zagorski, Nathan Winburn, oldstores, Ronald D. Smite, S Trent Troop, and warmtail
Editor: Laura Hirsbrunner
Graphic Design: Steve Fidler